Re: section 4.7.4 is poorly worded

On Thu, Sep 28, 2000 at 09:33:44PM +0200, Josip Rodin wrote:

> FWIW I understood them both just fine. I think it was changed because "may"
> and "must" have explicit meanings now...

I was able to understand the first only after reading it over a few
times.  The second was immediately clear.  No professional editor
would allow the first version to be published.

If we've redefined the dictionary meanings of "may" and "must", then
maybe we should look for yet another word to use in this case.