Re: Preparing Debian for using capabilities: file ownership.

On Thu, Sep 21, 2000 at 09:57:34PM +1100, Brendan O'Dea wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 21, 2000 at 01:43:52AM -0700, Joey Hess wrote:
> >Nicolás Lichtmaier wrote:
> >>  It should be:
> >>
> >> -rwxr-xr-x    1 bin      bin         42300 jul 29 13:26 /bin/ls*
> >>
> >Using an existing group like bin could cause problems. It's possible
> >systems exist that have users in the bin group and don't expect them to
> >suddenly be able to edit every file on the system. (What is the bin
> >group used for now, anyway? Only 3 files on my system are owned by it.) We
> >should probably make a new group if we do this.
>
> That's three more than on mine,
>
>   find / \( -user bin -o -group bin \) -ls
>
> produces zip.

Don't forget that joeyh has the biggest harddrive of the world. He must
have, because he has a maximum number of Debian packages installed.

(Joey, what is the maximum number of Debian packages you can install without
having a conflict?)

Marcus