Re: subscribe karrottop@fuse.net

Hi,
unfortunately I can help you much because the log doesn't tell me much.
I write you however, because i have a m515 and it took me lots of pain to get it to sync (and still does sometimes)
Few points I found important:
   * make sure you have a recent kernel (2.4.19 or 2.4.20)
* make sure you have the right version (meaning with usb support) of pilot-link, I run unstable, so check out the pilot-link webpage for which version starts to have good usb support. * If you compile the kernel, try adding verbose (or debug, I don't remeber) usb, so more info will be logged.

I hope this helps you somehow,
cheers

karrottop wrote:

Hello all, this is my first time to this group, and what brings me here
is probably what brings everyone here at first.  I have a problem
getting my palm to sync.  First of all let me give you my setup.  I am
running woody and have a palm m505 that has a usb cradle.  I installed
via apt-get pilot-link and jpilot.  I have the modules uhci and all the
usb stuff (including the visor module) although for the most part I just
compiled them into the kernel. I then launch jpilot and configure it to
look at port /dev/ttyUSB1, press the hotsync button on my cradle and
then press the sync button in jpilot...jpilot never connects, but I do
get messages in my syslog file...as follows:
Jan 22 01:20:40 WeaponXbox kernel: visor.c: Palm 4.0: Number of ports: 2

Jan 22 01:20:40 WeaponXbox kernel: visor.c: Palm 4.0: port 1, is for
Generic use and is bound to ttyUSB0

Jan 22 01:20:40 WeaponXbox kernel: visor.c: Palm 4.0: port 2, is for
HotSync use and is bound to ttyUSB1

Jan 22 01:20:40 WeaponXbox kernel: usbserial.c: Palm 4.0 converter now
attached to ttyUSB0 (or usb/tts/0 for devfs)

Jan 22 01:20:40 WeaponXbox kernel: usbserial.c: Palm 4.0 converter now
attached to ttyUSB1 (or usb/tts/1 for devfs)

Jan 22 01:20:40 WeaponXbox /etc/hotplug/usb.agent: ... no modules for
USB product 830/2/100

Jan 22 01:21:45 WeaponXbox kernel: usb-uhci.c: interrupt, status 3,
frame# 841

Jan 22 01:21:45 WeaponXbox kernel: usb.c: USB disconnect on device 8

Jan 22 01:21:45 WeaponXbox kernel: usbserial.c: Palm 4.0 converter now
disconnected from ttyUSB0

Jan 22 01:21:45 WeaponXbox kernel: usbserial.c: Palm 4.0 converter now
disconnected from ttyUSB1
I tried to clean that up and make it as easy to read as possible without
using html.  My guess is that the line that states
"/etc/hotplug/usb.agent .. no modules for USB product 830/2/100" is my
clue to the problem but I have no idea how to fix this, or how to
configure hotplug at all...I have pined over the man pages but I am
getting nowhere fast.  Thanks all