Re: Net-install dell'iPaq

On Mon, Dec 09, 2002 at 10:14:57AM +0100, debianabbestia@inwind.it wrote:
> I have just bought a dual PCMCIA slot expansion for my iPaq 3630 and I
> have just wondered if these is any chanche to use the net-installation
> to download and install Debian-Pilot on my system.
> Do you also know where to find the deb pkgs?

While there is Debian support for the ARM processor, I don't think
there's any support currently for installing a small set of packages to
run on just a handheld. This list tends to cover tools to connect PCs to
PDAs (though I don't think it's strictly limited to that topic), such as
sync software.

Given the amount of memory this unit carries, I don't know that you
could fit a useful Debian system onto it anyway.

--
Mike Markley <mike@markley.org>
GPG: 0x3B047084 7FC7 0DC0 EF31 DF83 7313  FE2B 77A8 F36A 3B04 7084

Computers in the future may weigh no more than 1.5 tons.
- Popular Mechanics, 1949