Re: palm<->pc ppp over cradle?

On sob, 2002-06-15 at 22:26, Daniel Dent wrote:
> > I was wondering if there was a way to connect a palm m105 and a pc
> > running linux via serial using the cradle?
> > That would be verry handy to sync the IMAP mail with the client on the
> > palm.
> Yes, it is very much doable.  Essentially, you run a ppp
> daemon on your computer.
>
> /usr/sbin/pppd /dev/pilot 115200 \
> externalip:ipyourpalmwillget persist local noauth silent \
> nodetach ms-dns yourdnsserver
>
> You will, in most cases, want to use an internal IP for your
> palm and also configure your computer to IP masquerade.

Ok I did that, enabled Serial to PC on palm, and connected. But my palm
still does not get any data from the pc it is connected to, and no data
from the network.

I have used the ip 192.168.1.2 (ip of the machine palm is connected to)
and 192.168.1.12 for the palm ip.

They get connected, and the proxyarp interface is set, but nothing
happens than.. I tried to finger username@192.168.1.2 but it failed with
and error that it could not open the tcp port.

I don't understand why it wouldn't work.

I hope someone can help me work this out.

Thank you in advance!

Bostjan
--
[*] Bostjan Müller |n@neonatus.net| http://neonatus.net/~neonatus [*]