Re: Avantgo plugin - Sitescooper & Plucker [Re: new jpilot 0.99.2 .deb available]

On Sun, 7 Apr 2002, Ari Pollak wrote:

> Nope. https://ami.avantgo.com/setup/new_account.html

Nevertheless, AvantGo is not really free. I'd suggest rather to
concentrate on sitescooper and plucker, which are debian packages already
(http://packages.debian.org/cgi-bin/search_packages.pl?keywords=sitescooper&searchon=names&subword=1&version=all&release=all
and
http://packages.debian.org/cgi-bin/search_packages.pl?keywords=plucker&searchon=names&subword=1&version=all&release=all).

Sitescooper (http://www.sitescooper.org/) has even more features than
AvanGo. In my case it works fine, but unfortunately plucker does not "see"
the .pdb files on my pilot despite they are there (pilot-link -l shows
them all). Plucker has a problem on its own as well. Thus, I guess that
the problem is on the plucker side. Sitescooper integrates with jpilot
already on its own. There is a bug though that it tells jpilot to load
.pdb files from .sitescooper/txt/ where none of them are. At least it
tells the correct path as well.

I think effort should be done on these three packages first. They are open
sw unlike AvantGo and they are in place already.

Some wishes to Ludovic Rousseau:

I'd like to see the possiblity to change order of shown items (say in the
ToDo section) by clicking on the title bars. This is a real drawback of
jpilot IMHO.

Regards,
David