Strange behavior - cannot view my memos anymore

I'm using jpilot 0.99.2-2 on a testing box.

I started jpilot and started to view memos. On one of them, I changed
the category it was filed under by mistake. I when tried to change the
view, the pop up dialog box appeared and asked me if I wanted to save
the change, and I clicked on the "No" box. When I tried to view memos
again, none of them are visible. All of the categories I have added
are gone and only Business, Personal, and Unfiled are left.

The MemoDB.pdb and Memo32DB.pdb are still there, and I view their contents in
midnight commander, so I can see the memos are still there. I just
can't view them in jpilot. Both Memo.pc3 and Memo32.pc3 are zero byte
in size.

I did a backup. All memos are still on Visor, but still none can be
displayed in jpilot.

Has anyone seen this behavior before? Any ideas on how to get jpilot
to display memos again?
--
Jerome