Re: palm<->pc ppp over cradle?
- To: Bostjan Muller <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Cc: Debian pilot <email@example.com>
- Subject: Re: palm<->pc ppp over cradle?
- From: Daniel Dent <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Sat, 15 Jun 2002 13:26:49 -0700 (PDT)
- Message-id: <Pine.LNX.email@example.com>
- In-reply-to: <1024165848.1647.2.camel@neonatus>
> I was wondering if there was a way to connect a palm m105 and a pc
> running linux via serial using the cradle?
> That would be verry handy to sync the IMAP mail with the client on the
Yes, it is very much doable. Essentially, you run a ppp
daemon on your computer.
/usr/sbin/pppd /dev/pilot 115200 \
externalip:ipyourpalmwillget persist local noauth silent \
nodetach ms-dns yourdnsserver
You will, in most cases, want to use an internal IP for your
palm and also configure your computer to IP masquerade.
Daniel Dent |
If it ain't broke, tweak it!
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to firstname.lastname@example.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact email@example.com