Synchronization Cancelled on Pilot

Hello Possibly Helpful Folks,

I've got a i386 potato machine here, very vanilla.

I know I have the right /dev/ linked to /dev/pilot,
and the perms on /dev/ttyS1 are crw-rw-rw-

When trying to sync with Pilot-Manager (preferences do have
the correct /dev named) I get...

05/03/101 11:21:39   Please press the Hotsync button on your Pilot cradle
05/03/101 11:21:39   Connected.
(1 second pause)
05/03/101 11:21:44   Synchronization cancelled on Pilot

My Palm is a IIIc running PalmOS 3.5.

I have applied the changes found on the Pilot-Manager website
http://www.moshpit.org/pilotmgr for Palm3.5s

There is no daemon called pilotmgr running on my machine,
although there perhaps should be?
I have all the possible pilot pacakges on my machine except
xcopilot, and after all that there is no file called "pilotmgr"
on the machine at all.

I haven't rebooted the machine since I installed these packages,
but I don't see that they touched /etc/rc2.d, regardless.

Thanks in advance for any tips.

-Josh@Narinsky.Com