Re: Infra-red sync?

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com> writes:

> I've never bothered to setup support for the infrared port on my
> laptop, but it occurred to me the other day that this would be a
> really handy way to sync my Visor when I'm on the road. Anyone tried
> this?

With a TRG-pro, yes. It should work the same with your Visor.

Assuming that you can get the discovery process to work, which has been
tricky for me, you should have no problems. Just point your sync manager
at /dev/ircomm0[1].

The bit that has given me the most trouble is getting irmanager and the
IR stack to work happily together. If you get that then the rest is a
doddle.

        Daniel

Footnotes:
[1]  or /dev/ircommnew0 (I think) for a 2.[34].* kernel.

--
People of privilege will always risk their complete destruction
rather than surrender any material part of their advantage.