Re: Hot Sync Button and Malsync

ibs,
	Unless you want to physically wire your cradle to automatically start a
sync when the script runs, any script you write will have to rely on a
user pressing the hotsync button. However, I believe it is possible to do
so if you know enough about electronics and have the proper equipment to
solder a transistor in.
	The key to getting your pilot to respond with it's hotsync are the
pins. I noticed that if two particular pins were connected (this can be
done with a paper clip on the bottom of your pilot ps. careful if you have
a palm V you might short your battery). I cannot tell you which two pins
it is because i don't remember and it might not be the same depending on
the model you have.
	I viable alternative to this electric engineering nonsense is to
make a script that runs on a scheduled task and uses a lockfile to make
sure that it will not over-spawn. Here is what the script might look like
(i have made working versions of this):

#!/bin/bash
set LOCKFILE = /my/fun/file
	# obviously put the file path and file you want as a lockfile here

if [ -f $LOCKFILE ]
	# This probably isn't the right test parameter
	# i want the parameter for if the file exists
	# you can find it in the manual for test
	# ie. $man test
then
touch $LOCKFILE
malsync
rm $LOCKFILE
fi

see how this works? fun huh? I'm actually waiting for a 'GOOD'
pilot-manager conduit myself. I've found pilot-manager set up in daemon
mode is alot more effective than silly scripts. Hope this helps

-nate iverson