Thanks for the Palm V help!

Thank you to all of you who helped out with my Palm V sync
problem. John Post put me on the trail to the solution by asking if I
had getty running on ttyS0. That wasn't the case, but it prompted me
to examine what processes might be.

As it turned out, even though I have a PS2 mouse, gpm had control of
ttyS0. After killing and uninstalling it, I can now happily
sync. I'm not sure why I couldn't make it work on ttyS1, but that's a
moot point now.

Again: thanks for all the help. Hearing that little chime on sync'ing
was the high point of yesterday.

bill

--
William Luecke
NIST Ceramics Division; Ceramic Manufacturing Group

The power of invention has been conferred by nature upon few, and the
labour of learning those sciences which may, by mere labour, be
obtained, is too great to be willingly endured; but every man can
exert such judgement as he has upon the works of others; and he whom
nature has made weak, and idleness keeps ignorant, may yet support his
vanity by the name of a critic.
                 Samuel Johnson, The Idler No. 60