Re: task-pilot?

On Wed, Oct 20, 1999 at 04:26:01PM -0500, Rob Tillotson wrote:
> As a matter of fact, I was just thinking about that a little while
> ago while installing slink from the new boxed set.
>
> Looking through the package list, I would probably split them up this
> way:
>
>  task-palm:
>    pilot-link
>    jpilot
>    pyrite (* see below)
>    palm-doctoolkit (* see below)
>    pilot-link-perl (* needed by pilot-manager)
>    pilot-manager

Don't forget libpisock3!!  :-)

>  task-palm-devel:
>    prc-tools
>    pilrc
>    pilot-template
>    pose
>    xcopilot (contrib, but perhaps it should be moved into main and
>      packaged with a uCLinux ROM as default? :)
>    pilot-link-tcl
>
> My own packages, pyrite and palm-doctoolkit, could easily go in either
> package... Pyrite is a development library and will cause a bunch of
> Python stuff to be brought in as dependencies, but it also has
> user-level backup/install conduits.  Also, palm-doctoolkit is an
> application which end users might like (e-text conversion) and it
> depends on pyrite.

Would it be possible to split Pyrite into ``pyrite'' & ``pyrite-dev''
packges?

> If nobody else is interested, I'd be more than willing to maintain
> this...

Well, if you're bored, you might take a look at the SyncBuilder package.
(http://come.to/SyncBuilder)  I have a copy, but either the installation
instructions are outdated (or just plain wrong) or the package is missing
a file.  Regardless, if I could have just installed the package with
apt-get, instead of fiddling with the tarball, I would not have to deal
with this problem...

> - --Rob

Regards,
David