Re: too much for an NMU?

Jayson Vantuyl wrote:
> > Seems a weird thing to ask for, to moi.  Def not a bug.
> > bekj
> Short Form:  I think it should be on stderr because pressing the hotsync
> button requires user intervention and is not part of the normal progress
> of the program (it's not necessary if you've already done it, and may not
> be necessary with future Palm models with AutoSync[TM] cradles or 3Com
> knows what).

It seems to definately be part of the "normal process" to me - it
comes up every single time you start the program, so that's pretty
normal!

STDERR, as the name suggests, is for -errors-.  It ain't an error,
therefore it doesn't belong there.  IMHO, YMMV, etc etc.

bekj

--
: --Hacker-Neophile-Eclectic-Geek-Grrl-Queer-Disabled-Boychick--
: gossamer@tertius.net.au   http://www.tertius.net.au/~gossamer/