Re: gcc for pilot

Shaun Lipscombe <shaun.lipscombe@gasops.co.uk> writes:

> I want to develop Palm apps on my debian laptop, is there a gcc that
> allows cross-compiling to the Palm architecture, or anything 'free'
> that I can obtain from somewhere?  CodeWarrior looks cool but I don't
> have that much disposable income (considering I am only gonna be
> mucking around).

Absolutely.  The following packages might be of interest:

  prc-tools       -- cross-compilation kit (gcc, gdb, binutils, etc.)
  pilrc           -- resource compiler (for defining GUI elements)
  xcopilot        -- emulator (works with prc-tools gdb)
  pilot-template  -- a program skeleton generator

Should you wish to do Pilot-related stuff on the desktop side of
things, you should look at:

  libpisock3	  -- library required by everything else below
  libpisock-dev   -- ... and the headers and static libs for it
  pilot-link      -- basic utilities (backup, install, etc.)
  pilot-link-perl -- perl binding to libpisock
  pilot-link-tcl  -- tcl binding to libpisock
  pilot-manager   -- GUI and conduit kit in Perl/Tk
  pyrite          -- conduit/desktop app kit in Python
  palm-doctoolkit -- Doc e-text conversion using Pyrite
  imgvtopgm       -- convert pgm <-> ImageViewer pics

I think that's everything we have so far...

--Rob

--
Rob Tillotson  N9MTB  <robt@debian.org>