Re: Pilot-link package (fwd)

On 17 Apr 1998, Darren/Torin/Who Ever... wrote:

> So, you're not separating out the four language interfaces - Perl,
> Python, Tcl, and Java?  This would mean that everyone installing
> pilot-link would have to have all four of those installed as well.
> Might I suggest that they go in different packages as well?

Okay how about pilot-link-perl, pilot-link-python, etc. Note - I only have
Perl and TCL on my development machine at present.

Now for a cry for help :-( Is any one familiar with fscking libtool? As
part of debian/rules for pilot-link I'm now moving the libraries
(libpisock.so and libpisock.a) out of pilot-link into separate package.
Once I do this the dh_shlibdeps call for pilot-link fails (the binaries
can't find the shared library as it isn't installed yet).

Late last night (very late!) after much tweaking I did get the whole thing
built from scratch and finding the libraries. However sometime during
working on PDA::Pilot I found it had stopped working and I'm at a loss for
what's going on :-(

Dermot

--
Dermot Bradley