Re: Building apps for a pilot

Dermot John Bradley <bradley@oldcolo.com> writes:

> I'm a newbie to the Pilot (haven't actually bought one - waiting for the
> Palm III to arrive in the shops).

> I see there is now a binutils for the pilot and I've seen mention of using
> GCC to cross compile for the 68000. Surely to build apps for the Pilot
> would require libraries supporting the PalmOS's windowing environment
> (i.e. display image, open window, etc). Are these available for Linux?

They will compile on Linux, but are not packaged for Debian yet.  Look
for the prc-tools package:

  ryeham.ee.ryerson.ca:/pub/PalmOS/prc-tools.0.5.0.tar.gz

I have a binutils package for Debian that is ready except for the
/usr/doc stuff (Readme, copyright, etc.)  But I haven't done a gcc one
yet.  I'm been rather busy lately. :(

The windowing environment uses something similar to Linux syscalls,
which are handled in include files.

Steve
dunham@cps.msu.edu