Re: Mass edition of digital photos

allan-

use the gimp, one image at a time. to "make photos to look better, with improved color and brightness," after opening a file, click on color > levels > auto > ok.

if you want to change the size of a photo, like for publishing "in a magazine or a website." or a mailing list, click on image > scale, and adjust your image size.

export to a new file name to preserve your original.

if you have enough RAM you can open several files at one time but edit each separately in different window.

hope this helps