Re: Photo management

Hi,

Hmmmm... I like these rants about Gnome and KDE.

I am wondering though why a web interface is not sufficient for
10.000+ photos. If the GUI is good enough (IMHO not more than 4
options in a screen :) and the database consists of some fast way to
handle thumbnails or scaling a web-interface is good enough for me.
Flickr is an option I think. It is certainly not the greatest
interface (one thing is there are a lot of screens with more than 4
options :) I spent a lot of time to learn it, but it works for me.

Picasa does it for me (10.000+ photos) for archiving. It is blazingly
fast and gives some flexibility on storing the database. I am also
very disappointed that it isn't open source but the time spent to
learn the interface was worth it to me. And well... if the world was a
ideal place everything would be  GNU licensed :)

I will take some time to try DigiKam. That' one of the reasons why I
am a Debian Zealot. Its desktop does KDE and Gnome both...

Regards and thanks,
Bob