Re: Introduction And Request for Help

On 01/11/2023 04:05, gregor herrmann wrote:
On Tue, 31 Oct 2023 09:26:09 +0100, Mikko Koivunalho wrote:

- If you want to get Env::Assert into Debian, the easiest way is to
 ask us to package it :)
Yes, please!
Thank you.
Alright, let's take this route :)

If it's the latter: I just spent 2 minutes with dh-make-perl and
Env::Assert, and if I spend 5 minutes more, I can upload the package
to the archive. [0]
Have I done everything right so the packaging is as easy as possible?
Just tell me if there is anything missing.
I haven't noticed anything yesterday in my 2-minute-check but thanks
for the offer!

[0] Although I just realize that this might be better named envassert
than libenv-assert-perl, as it's more about the binary than the
library, right?
Yes, that’s right. In this case the library is mostly a bi-product,
not really meant to be used by itself.
Ok, thanks for the confirmation.

Would it be better if Env::Assert was two separate (CPAN) packages,
one for lib and one for executable?
I think that would be overkill.

What I often see is that distributions like this are named App-foo on
the CPAN, so maybe App-envassert would be an option. But from a
Debian point of view that's irrelevant …

I was thinking the Debian package could be called simply "env-assert".

Sincerely,
Mikko Koivunalho