App::Session::Token (was: Introduction And Request for Help)

On Tue, 31 Oct 2023 10:17:05 -0400, Doug Hoyte wrote:

> Sorry for hijacking this thread, but can I please request a new package too?

You could have started a new thread, it's not that we we have a limit
on threads on our mailing lists :)

> App::Session::Token /
> https://metacpan.org/dist/App-Session-Token/view/bin/session-token
> This is a command-line interface for my Session::Token library (already
> packaged as libsession-token-perl).

Sure, we can take a look.

> For my everyday work-flow, it's the only package I still need to install
> from CPAN. I also think it would be useful for other people. If I had to
> suggest a package name I'd say just "session-token" (name of the bin) but
> anything would be fine.

Makes sense.

> Actually I tried to figure out how to do the packaging myself a while ago,
> but something wasn't working for me (a form URL was timing out IIRC) so I
> gave up.

Sounds, hm, interesting :)

(We can't -- technically and by policy -- use online resources during
build.)

> In case it helps, I made a wish-list description:

Thank you!

One thing I'm wondering is why App::Session::Token is distributed
separately from Session::Token; no big deal for us to have Yet
Another Package but putting a script into the distribution with the
library seems to be quite common.

 .''`.  https://info.comodo.priv.at -- Debian Developer https://www.debian.org
 `. `'  Member VIBE!AT & SPI Inc. -- Supporter Free Software Foundation Europe
   `-