Re: RFS: libinfluxdb-http-perl 0.04 (new package)

Hello again Perl Team,

I'm finally coming back to this during a local meetup. From what I could see there are mostly two things that are still needed:
1) missing dependency -- that's now in debian!
2) configuring autopkgtest. that seems more difficult (more below)

On 2022-08-16 05:03, gregor herrmann wrote:
And let's look at the actual code:

use JSON::MaybeXS;
use LWP::UserAgent;
use Object::Result;
use URI;

We have liburi-perl but*drumroll*  we're back to packaging Object::Result
which you wanted to avoid 🙂
liburi-perl is still missing in Depends.
Well, and the not-yet-packaged libobject-result-perl as well.
oh blah you're totally right. the Object::Result is used at runtime in the
library, so there's no escaping packaging it!
Ack.
I took a quick look at the code from Object::Result and all dependencies are
already packaged in debian.
I'll try and create another new package for that second lib soon.
Just shout when it's in git 🙂

libobject-result-perl is now in the debian archive.
Both liburi-perl and libobject-result-perl are marked as dependencies in the control file.

I have a local branch where I started to look at enabling autopkgtest, which mostly just adds test-only dependencies to the control file.. However, when reading the source code of the file t/tests.pl I can see that it's expecting to contact a running InfluxDB instance. There is no perl library for testing influxdb (e.g. something like Test::InfluxDB) that I can see that would make this possible to rewire. I honestly don't know how to get InfluxDB running.. I'm only packaging libinfluxdb-http-perl because it's a new dependency of the smokeping package.

So I'm wondering if getting libinfluxdb-http-perl into the archive without autopkgtest would be an option. If I can get some help it would still be possible to enable those tests later.

cheers