Re: Perl BoF at DebConf23

On Fri, 15 Sep 2023 18:49:28 +0530, intrigeri wrote:

(--> debian-perl@ldo)

> Thanks everyone who attended the BoF and especially thanks for your
> patience given how it's been challenging technically. Thanks also to
> the videoteam for working hard to satisfy our requirements.

Thanks from me as well!

> I'm attaching a copy for posterity, in case something happens to the
> Gobby doc.

Thanks!

> If you want to move forward any of the topics we discussed,
> this will be welcome :)

I'll add a few comments below :)

> Team status
> ===========
> Statistics
> ----------
> https://wiki.debian.org/Teams/DebianPerlGroup/Statistics
> * Members/committers
> Is it sustainable?
> (If not, for today we can focus on identifying and naming problems.

I think Wouter rephrased this very appropriately as (quoting from
memory): "Do we keep up, independent of the numbers of committers?"

And my thought is: Well, not really; we currently have more than 100
new upstream releases, and there are not many people tackling them.

> Future of LHF?
> --------------
> Current date + time: 17:00 UTC and 19:00 UTC alternatively
> Is the current timeslot very problematic for some people who would like to attend?

I guess that means we keep going on, and with these time slots,
unless there are different ideas coming up.

> Tooling for inactive group members
> ==================================
>   - joenio volunteers to try to contribute on this.

Thanks joenio!
As David Bremner had this on his agenda for the (cancelled) DebCamp
2020, maybe he his some ideas, and the two of you could work
together.

In the end, this task is not that complicated: We have a procedure and
tooling for the mails, what's missing is the part of identifying
inactive members -- on Salsa (where the alioth tools donm't work
anymore).

> Git branch names
> ================
>
> * DEP-14
> * BoF 2021: we should be consistent across packages,
>   and if we change, this needs coordination and probably helpers
>   (remote repos, local repos, tools, …) and an "owner"
> * BoF 2022:
>   Decided: it is "debian/latest"
>   AI: dam is going to "drive" the effort
> * Since then: some notes and research,
>   https://gobby.debian.org/export/Teams/Perl/new-branch-layout

That didn't get covered during the BoF, so: dam, what's next? :)

 .''`.  https://info.comodo.priv.at -- Debian Developer https://www.debian.org
 `. `'  Member VIBE!AT & SPI Inc. -- Supporter Free Software Foundation Europe
   `-