Re: Request for review - A number of packages

On Sun, 2023-07-02 at 16:30 +0200, gregor herrmann wrote:

> > > Reviewed, and a few minor TODO items added to d/changelog.
> > All fixed.
>
> Thank you, looks good.

Thank you.

> That's not what this "Team upload" line in d/changelog means, in my
> understanding. Let me try to explain:
[snip]

Thank you for the great explanation. I had incorrectly assumed that because
the person doing the uploads wouldn't match the 'Maintainer' or 'Uploaders'
fields, then it'd be a team upload.

> > > Also reviewed, and my notes are also in d/changelog; mostly minor but
> > > one real blocker as well this time …
> > Hmm, this one is a bit more interesting. `make test` runs okay, but the
> > autopkgtests to run -c against each module doesn't.
>
> Indeed more interesting/weird :)
>
> > I've patched the one with a syntax error.
>
> I guess that's https://github.com/abw/Badger/pull/19
> I you have the same as a debian/patches/ file please push it.

Pushed.

> > There are two that still don't
> > compile. I haven't crawled into the code, and would rather not :). I've
> > raised bug reports upstream[0][1].
>
> Thanks.
>
> > Given the shipped tests pass, is it acceptable to filter these out of
> > autopkgtests?
>
> If we have a reason to believe that the "-c" failures are harmless
> then yes; that would require getting a deeper understanding of this
> whole project that I currently have :)

I *think* that the modules aren't intended to be used standalone, so could
be skipped.

> > libgraphviz2-perl
> > -----------------
> > GraphViz has been deprecated, long live GraphViz2! Request Tracker has
> > moved
> > from GraphViz to using GraphViz2.
> > ITP: https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=1037110
> > Repo: https://salsa.debian.org/perl-team/modules/packages/libgraphviz2-
> > perl
>
> as it's the next in the "dependency chain".
> And I only found minor nitpicks, which I've again listed in
> d/changelog.

All fixed, pushed.

Thank you,
Andrew