Re: Request for review - libgd-graph-perl - v1.56

On Mon, 12 Jun 2023 00:25:40 +1200, Andrew Ruthven wrote:

> On Tue, 2023-05-23 at 14:25 +0200, gregor herrmann wrote:
> > I wonder how you manged not to exlcude the file :)
> > as both dpt-import-orig (and the underlying gbp-import-orig) should,
> > with d/watch and d/copyright, exclude samples/logo.gif and create a
> > 15.56~ds-1 version.
> Looks like I most likely downloaded the tarball manually rather than
> use uscan.

Oh I see.

> > I'm not totally sure why samples/logo.gif was excluded, the various
> > notes say "avoiding/excluding pre-generated files". Either there were
> > worries about license or more likely preferred form f modification,
> > or problems when building twice. In any case, I'd personally stick
> > with the exclusion.
> I have made a 1.56~ds orig tarball without logo.gif and pushed it to Salsa.

Great, thanks!

> > > BTW, first time I've used the dpt tool, really nice.
> > I'm glad you like it; OOC: which subcommands did you use?
> > Ah, from looking at the commit messages it was dpt-fixup :)
> That and also now gen-itp and salsa pushrepo (to create new repos as well).

Yay \o/

(dpt salsa pushrepo is really helpful to create standardized salsa
projects.)

> > What's missing in the end is that you either add yourself to
> > Uploaders or add "Team upload." as the first line in d/changelog.
> I'm currently a DM (just applied to become a DD), so even if I add myself to
> Uploaders, I cant upload. I have added "Team upload." to d/changelog.

Good (and yes, in the end it's just about pleeasing lintian …; and
it needs a leading '* ' to really please lintian :))

Uploaded with 1 additonal commit.

Or 2; please change the distribution in d/changelog from UNRELEASED
to unstable if you believe a package is ready for upload.
(Cf. dpt-ready-for-upload and dpt-never-uploaded)

 .''`.  https://info.comodo.priv.at -- Debian Developer https://www.debian.org
 `. `'  Member VIBE!AT & SPI Inc. -- Supporter Free Software Foundation Europe
   `-