introduction

Hello,

I've just now subscribed to the perl team's mailing list and I wanted to introduce myself a tiny bit since I would like to join the team.

I'm Gabriel and I've been slowly making my way to work on packaging software in debian. I'm not a DM or a DD (yet?...). On salsa I'm known as LeLutin and I'm also present on IRC with the same nickname.

I've been (co-)maintaining a package for a number of years now for a software that's written in perl, smokeping, but that's not published on CPAN. [1]

For the new upstream version of that software, new dependencies were added for a new optional feature. One of those dependencies, InfluxDB::HTTP, is not packaged in debian yet, so I'd like to work on creating it. I was told on IRC that this library would be a good fit for the perl team.

Other than that, I've also been creating packages for ruby software and libraries related to puppet. In the past, I've also helped out with organising Debconf17 in Montreal.

[1]: FYI someone suggested a while ago to help out with the smokeping package and also suggested that we could bring it into the perl team. I'm open to both of those ideas, but I'll start smaller and just focus at first on libinfluxdb-http-perl for satisfying the new dependency.