Data::Domain::Validate outdated

Hi,

Lintian now uses standard modules to parse email addresses. An
existing check for invalid hosts was recently re-implemented with
Email::Address::XS and Data::Validate:Domain. What is the Perl Team's
plan for Data::Validate::Domain?

Our code works well, but today we received an unexpected bug report
(#964381). On the surface, Lintian was right. The email address was
bogus.

Unfortunately, the address was bogus because the TLD was invalid,
while we tried to turn off that feature. [1] Many more TLDs have been
added since the last upload of Data::Validate::Domain in 2010.

It turns out that the feature domain_disable_tld_validation we tried
to use is not yet in Debian:

0.13     2016-08-21
    - The option domain_disable_tld_validation was added to allow disabling
      TLD validation. This may be useful if you need to check domains with new
      gTLDs that have not yet been added to Net::Domain::TLD.
Implemented by Greg
      Oschwald. GitHub #8.

Very few packages rely on Data::Validate::Domain, although here it
works better than some alternatives. What is the Perl Team's plan for
the module, please?

If you intend to provide Data::Validate::Domain going forward, would
you please upload a new version when you get a chance? Thank you!

Kind regards
Felix Lechner

[1] https://salsa.debian.org/lintian/lintian/-/blob/master/checks/fields/mail-address.pm#L109