Perl 7

Hi all,

In case you haven't seen it yet, today a plan for Perl 7 - the future
of the language formerly known as Perl 5 - was announced:

https://www.perl.com/article/announcing-perl-7/

Stealing the tl;dr from the article: "Perl 7 is v5.32 with different
settings. Your code should work if it’s not a mess. Expect a user
release within a year."

Sawyer's talk announcing this is here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wPMh-3qYJM

I've not watched it yet, but will do so before the week is out.

Niko and I were able to provide some input into the thinking behind this,
and we're happy that we were able to represent Debian's interests. So far we
are cautiously optimistic, but there will be things we'll need to adapt to
over time. Please let us know if you have any immediate thoughts that
we can feed back into this new model.

Cheers
Dominic