Re: Greetings

On Fri, 29 May 2020 09:37:12 -0300, Marco Silva wrote:

> > Joining the low hanging fruit sessions is a good way to get started:
> > https://wiki.debian.org/Teams/DebianPerlGroup/LHF
> I checked on the report of the last one
> https://lists.debian.org/debian-perl/2020/05/msg00036.html . This seems to
> always be on 21th of each month right ?!

Correct:
https://wiki.debian.org/Teams/DebianPerlGroup/LHF

> > and some more team documentation, including TODO lists:
> > https://perl-team.pages.debian.net/
> I created my salsa account: https://salsa.debian.org/mprado .

If you want to join us in packaging CPAN distributions as Debian
packages I'm happy to add you to the group on salsa.

> > Is there any particular area of the Perl ecosystem you are interested in?
> I like Perl testing modules, software testing and compilers are my favorite
> topics, but can't say that I actually have expertise on :)

That sounds good but it's not what the Debian Perl Group is doing
most of the time - of course there's also come code in our helpers,
and we need to fix bugs when upstream tests fail :)

There are also important tools in Debian written in perl, like
lintian or debhelper or debbugs (the software behind bugs.debian.org)
and more.

So yeah, lots of things to do - make your pick :)

 .''`.  https://info.comodo.priv.at -- Debian Developer https://www.debian.org
 `. `'  Member VIBE!AT & SPI Inc. -- Supporter Free Software Foundation Europe
   `-   NP: Dire Straits: Romeo And Juliet