Re: Debian Janitor and us

Hi pkg-perl!

On Thu, Dec 12, 2019 at 07:20:16PM +0100, Alex Muntada wrote:
> Hi gregor,
> > I have to admit that I find the dance of merging merge requests
> > boring and I'll rather have the changes committed directly.
>
> It may be a bit scary but it makes perfect sense in a group like
> ours and with so many packages, that tedious tasks like those
> performed by the janitor-bot are fully automated.
>
> > That would save quite some work; of course the changes need a
> > review before the next upload but that's not different from the
> > occasional fixup we need to do with our own automatic tools.
>
> Agreed.
>
> > Therefor I'm proposing to give @janitor-bot-guest commit access
> > to our repos.
>
> Go for it :)

+1 from me

with one added thought: in the past, I've found it useful to identify
packages that haven't had an upload in many years by grepping for
Standards-Version in debian/control. Would it be possible to exclude the
out-of-date-standards-version and ancient-standards-version lintian tags
from the fixes committed by Janitor? This would also prevent packages
with less-frequent upstream releases to collect a dozen or more updates
to S-V between uploads....

Florian