Re: pkg-perl-tools and Lintian

Hi,

On 06/12/2019 00:24, Felix Lechner wrote:
> Hi,
>
> This email is a follow-up to
> https://salsa.debian.org/perl-team/modules/packages/pkg-perl-tools/merge_requests/9#note_124337.

Thanks for the PR!

> Would it make sense to integrate the checks in pkg-perl-tools into Lintian?
>
> The purpose of this email is to discuss the interaction between
> Lintian developers and the Perl team while Lintian goes through
> additional changes, especially in regard to profiles. It is certainly
> not a power grab, as there is modest support (primarily my own) to
> delegate some check writing to expert teams. It would just work
> differently.

I personally have no issue with checks being part of Lintian, but IIRC
the checks (still) in pkg-perl-tools have little sense outside the perl
team.

Some checks were moved to lintian proper in the past, but I can't
remember what was the threshold: I believe it was "makes sense outside
the perl team" ?

So, just to clarify, the idea is to put all lintian checks in lintian,
whether or not they're relevant outside of a specific team ?

nodens