From: gregor herrmann <gregoa@debian.org>
Sent: Saturday, 30 November 2019 12:53 AM
To: dcook@prosentient.com.au
Cc: debian-perl@lists.debian.org
Subject: Re: Joining Debian Perl Group

On Fri, 29 Nov 2019 13:36:53 +1100, dcook@prosentient.com.au wrote:

> Hi all,

Hi David,

> My Salsa account name is dcook-guest. I'm an Australian-Canadian
> software engineer working in Australia for the last 8 years. At work,
> I support and develop a number of Perl systems including the open
> source library management system Koha. In a professional context, I
> mostly use openSUSE and RHEL, but I use Debian/Ubuntu at home and
> support a few Debian systems for clients as well. My main reason for
> joining is to help support the Debian Perl packages that are Koha
> dependencies, but I find packaging interesting in general. I already
> locally build Debian packages for a number of projects, but I'd like
> to learn more about Debian best practices, and perhaps when I'm used
> to the Debian Perl Group processes I'll be able to tackle more.

Thanks for your offer to join us in maintaining Perl packages.

I've just added you to the perl-team/modules group on Salsa, welcome aboard!

If you haven't done so yet, please take a look at our docs at or linked from
https://wiki.debian.org/Teams/DebianPerlGroup/Welcome
https://perl-team.pages.debian.net/
(especially policy.html and git.html)

For adding new packages, please use `dpt salsa pushrepo'.  The other dpt-*
tools might be helpful as well :)

Don't hesitate to ask any question on the mailing list or on IRC.

 .''`.  https://info.comodo.priv.at -- Debian Developer
https://www.debian.org
 : :' : OpenPGP fingerprint D1E1 316E 93A7 60A8 104D  85FA BB3A 6801 8649
AA06  `. `'  Member VIBE!AT & SPI Inc. -- Supporter Free Software Foundation
Europe
   `-   NP: Jimmy Page: Guitarsolo