Re: Updating Debian Perl group team page

> Alternativelly, we can start making a raw list of improvements
> and issues that need to be addressed and we can work from that,
> which it seems to me that should be easier to prepare than a
> full proposal. Whatever works best for you.

I think an even easier approach is to work incrementaly so that it's not too much effort spent if at anytime one of my proposal doesn't fit the needs and I need to revert to the previous proposal.

I've already started something on my personal wiki and plan to send you a 1st proposal in PDF in the next few days. My goal is more to spark discussion than to have it accepted at 1st try :-)

Anyway, I'll also surely benefits from a raw list of improvements and issues. Please feel free to throw your idea here or wherever you want. In the mean time, my current list of possible improvements and issues is currently the following:

1) both places have their value and serve a different purpose:
- The wiki is for quick edits, task lists, "scratch pads", TODO lists
  like https://wiki.debian.org/Teams/DebianPerlGroup/OpenTasks
- The website is more for static, generic, "official" information
2) a large source of redundacy in the documentation comes from the fact that we have
POD docs in our tooling. We should better link to manpages.debian.org

That's all I know for the moment.

Best regards,

Cyrille

On Sat, Jan 19, 2019 at 11:05 AM Alex Muntada <alexm@debian.org> wrote:
Hi Cyrille,

> I will investigate how I can better reflect these 2 different
> purposes in the pages' content and how to better link with
> manpages.debian.org
>
> In the next few days, I will send you a first proposal in PDF
> format how these 2 pages could look like in my opinion.

Alternativelly, we can start making a raw list of improvements
and issues that need to be addressed and we can work from that,
which it seems to me that should be easier to prepare than a
full proposal. Whatever works best for you.

Cheers!
Alex

--
  ⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀