Re: package-superseded-by-perl

On Wed, 16 Jan 2019 22:35:56 +0200, Niko Tyni wrote:

> > I'm ready to update the group's policy to add a note about that (I think
> > I'm not too bad at documenting stuffs). But, I don't know where would be
> > the best place:
> >
> > * The Debian Perl group policy (
> > https://perl-team.pages.debian.net/policy.html)?
>
> I think this is the right place as soon as we have agreed on the policy
> (as discussed in this thread.)

Ack.

Other places might be
https://wiki.debian.org/Teams/DebianPerlGroup/OpenTasks#Recurring_tasks
and/or
https://wiki.debian.org/PerlMaintenance
as reminders to actually do it but writing the guideslines into our
team policy sounds right to me.

> > Nor how to do it.
> The sources for the pkg-perl group (aka. perl-team aka. Debian Perl Group)
> docs are at https://salsa.debian.org/perl-team/perl-team.pages.debian.net
> which we should probably mention on the web site. So I guess merge
> requests or just pushing obviously correct changes there is the way to go.
> (Gregor will hopefully correct me if I'm giving out wrong advice :)

Perfectly correct :)
And I'm a fan of "just push to master" once the consensus is clear.

> Hope this makes sense, and thanks for helping out!

Indeed, people taking care of documentation updates are always a big
win.

 .''`.  https://info.comodo.priv.at -- Debian Developer https://www.debian.org
 `. `'  Member VIBE!AT & SPI Inc. -- Supporter Free Software Foundation Europe
   `-   NP: Tori Amos: Icicle