Re: Joining Debian Perl Group

On Fri, 29 Nov 2019 13:36:53 +1100, dcook@prosentient.com.au wrote:

> Hi all,

Hi David,

> My Salsa account name is dcook-guest. I'm an Australian-Canadian software
> engineer working in Australia for the last 8 years. At work, I support and
> develop a number of Perl systems including the open source library
> management system Koha. In a professional context, I mostly use openSUSE and
> RHEL, but I use Debian/Ubuntu at home and support a few Debian systems for
> clients as well. My main reason for joining is to help support the Debian
> Perl packages that are Koha dependencies, but I find packaging interesting
> in general. I already locally build Debian packages for a number of
> projects, but I'd like to learn more about Debian best practices, and
> perhaps when I'm used to the Debian Perl Group processes I'll be able to
> tackle more.

Thanks for your offer to join us in maintaining Perl packages.

I've just added you to the perl-team/modules group on Salsa, welcome aboard!

If you haven't done so yet, please take a look at our docs at or linked from
https://wiki.debian.org/Teams/DebianPerlGroup/Welcome
https://perl-team.pages.debian.net/
(especially policy.html and git.html)

For adding new packages, please use `dpt salsa pushrepo'.  The other dpt-*
tools might be helpful as well :)

Don't hesitate to ask any question on the mailing list or on IRC.

 .''`.  https://info.comodo.priv.at -- Debian Developer https://www.debian.org
 `. `'  Member VIBE!AT & SPI Inc. -- Supporter Free Software Foundation Europe
   `-   NP: Jimmy Page: Guitarsolo