Re: 2020 team sprint

On Wed, 09 Oct 2019 20:33:18 +0200, intrigeri wrote:

> 1. Gather rough availability data

I'm still quite flexible; end of April (week 17) is bad, besides that
I liked the May-ish dates we've had in the past.

Somehow adjusting to perl releases/release candidates (which
happen in May) seemed to be helpful for Niko and Dom. OTOH they might
have more time for perl modules and pkg-perl infrastructure if we
meet earlier :)

> 2. Piggy-back on another event or not?
>    IIRC there were pros & cons expressed on this topic in the past

Exactly :)

Looking back I found the piggy-backing events easier to organize and
the standalone events more focussed.

So I'm open to both with a slight preference for a standalone event.

> 3. If we would like to piggy-back on another event: research and
>    brainstorm which ones could be good candidates.

In the last 2 years we picked the German MiniDebCamp/Conf in Hamburg;
AFAIK next year there won't be Hamburg, and alternatives are planned
for autumn.

In spring there are ideas of organizing something before or after
FOSDOM (February 1-2) in Brussels but I'm not sure that will
materialize.

 .''`.  https://info.comodo.priv.at -- Debian Developer https://www.debian.org
 `. `'  Member VIBE!AT & SPI Inc. -- Supporter Free Software Foundation Europe
   `-   NP: Kurt Ostbahn & Die Kombo: Reserviert fia zwa