Re: LHF report (was Low-hanging fruits reminder for 2019-08-21, 19:00 UTC (tomorrow))

On Tue, 27 Aug 2019 at 00:39, Alex Muntada <alexm@debian.org> wrote:

<snip other points>

> > - Utkarsh: Started a discussion (mostly with myself on the
> >   channel) about #924022.
> >   - That is something I can work on maybe in the next LHF?
> >   - But the question is, do we want to work on this?

I shall have to go back and read the discussion. Apologies I didn't
make the LHF.

It's late now, but I'm confused about dkg's title update to #924022
stating that libminion-perl contains dygraph. I only see epoch.

> There are several other javascript libraries and fonts embedded
> in libminion-perl (bootstrap, d3, moment, popper and fontawesome)
> that are already packaged in buster. I guess we should be deal
> with them too, but I'm not sure it's worth the effort. What do
> you (Nick) feel as its uploader?

Popper was added to the archive just before the buster freeze, so it
should be possible to drop the embedded Popper source from the minion
source package via Files-Excluded, and update the package.links file
to use the packaged version. This would leave only epoch.js requiring
packaging for make minion JS-clean.

I am interested in looking at JS packaging during this release cycle.
I'm sure I've seen another Perl source package with embedded JS
"missing-sources" which is also a candidate for this work. I've no
idea how much of a rabbit hole this might be though, and if anyone
else wants to take the lead on epoch please go ahead :)

Cheers,
Nick