Re: LHF report (was Low-hanging fruits reminder for 2019-08-21, 19:00 UTC (tomorrow))

Hi Nick,
thanks for such a thorough report.

> - libclass-forward-perl seems to be abandoned upstream: it is
>   not visibile on CPAN or METACPAN (causing errors when
>   checking for new versions), and the upstream repository has
>   been deleted. There are no rdeps. Is this an RM candidate?

Agreed.

> - liblog-dispatch-perl-perl seems to be abandoned upstream: it
>   is not visibile on CPAN or METACPAN (causing errors when
>   checking for new versions), and no upstream repository has
>   been declared. [...] There are no further rdeps once
>   Task::Kensho is uploaded. Is the package an RM candidate?

Agreed.

> - Zonemaster (libzonemaster-perl) has been renamed upstream to
>   Zonemaster::Engine as of version 2.0.0. The old watch file
>   was therefore failing to find the current upstream release,
>   so the URL in the watch file has been updated. Howevere, due
>   to the upstream rename, should the package be renamed to
>   reflect this change?

Renaming and adding a replaces header seems fine.

> - Utkarsh: Started a discussion (mostly with myself on the
>   channel) about #924022.
>   - That is something I can work on maybe in the next LHF?
>   - But the question is, do we want to work on this?

There are several other javascript libraries and fonts embedded
in libminion-perl (bootstrap, d3, moment, popper and fontawesome)
that are already packaged in buster. I guess we should be deal
with them too, but I'm not sure it's worth the effort. What do
you (Nick) feel as its uploader?

Cheers and kudos!
Alex

--