Re: embedded modules at build time, and inc::latest best practice discussion

On 08/12/2018 13:05, Clément Hermann wrote:
> [resent with references this time]
>
> Hi all,
>

> while working on liblist-moreutils-perl [1], I stumbled on issues with
> embedded modules at build time (the infamous inc/).

As outlined during our annual meeting at DebConf19 (no report yet, but
you can check the gobby notes, or the export at [0]), I worked on this
issue during our DebCamp sprint [1] [2].

Since it is apparently quite simple to fix in many cases beside
Module::Install, I started to fix a bunch of them and started to draft a
(pkg-perl) policy on this.

The policy change proposal lies in the branch `policy_on_inc` on salsa [3]

The idea is to finalize the change wording, and to write a lintian check
to check this. The check would probably not most exception at first and
just draw attention to the issue.

Please have a look on the proposed change and give feedback!

Cheers,

[0] https://gobby.debian.org/export/debconf19/bof/pkg-perl
[1]
https://perl-team.pages.debian.net/docs/sprint-debcamp2019/report-debcamp2019.html