Re: RF{C,H}: dh-make-perl

Hi gregor, good job!

> Some of the changes might profit from a review (of the code
> and/or the result), and others are not finished / need help
> and improvements, hence I'm giving a quick overview here:

I just did a quick code review: in general I find very small
changes (maybe in separate branches, then merged --no-ff) help
understand better how code evolves and therefore make code
reviews easier too. This was the case for the changes in 0..3
and 6.

> 0) Missing years in debian/copyright:
> 1) debhelper:
> 2) debian/watch:
> 3) Treat libmodule-build-using-pkgconfig-perl like
>    libmodule-build-perl and libmodule-build-using-pkgconfig-perl
> 6) Use Config::Model::Dpkg

These were small changes mostly and easy to review, LGTM.

> 4) Versioned Provides
> (Now it gets more complicated :))

This was harder: I'm not sure I understood every bit because
the changes were significantly larger and my knowledge of
dh-make-perl code is poor. Nevertheless, I think they're OK.

> This seems to work but has at least one side effect: It
> currently also adds dependencies for modules which have been
> in perl core since forever. [...] In general I think is not a
> problem and can also be helpful for future cases of modules
> removed from perl core.

Agreed.

> 5) <!nocheck> annotations for test dependencies
>
> This kinda works now (for well behaved META.{json,yml} files) but
> - I'm not sure if my approach in the code is right/clean

This wasn't as hard as 4) and I think it's also OK.

Cheers!
Alex

--
  ⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀