Re: Updating Debian Perl group team page

On Thu, 17 Jan 2019 10:59:13 +0100, Cyr Bol wrote:

> Now that I know a little bit more about Debian packaging and the Debian
> Perl group's policies and habits, I think I might be able to help future
> newcomers, or existing members looking back for some reference
> informations, by improving Debian Perl group's documentation.

Great!
Having someone with a "fresh look" is an excellent starting point for
improving documentation.

> The first think that bugs me is that there seems to be 2 entry points
> toward the Debian Perl group's documentation:
>
> * https://wiki.debian.org/Teams/DebianPerlGroup
> * https://perl-team.pages.debian.net/
>
> Both links to each other, and, both contain much redundant information.
>
> I would like your opinion on the idea of updating
> https://wiki.debian.org/Teams/DebianPerlGroup to remove much of the
> rendundancies and rather refer to https://perl-team.pages.debian.net/ as
> much as possible.

Yeah, probably some duplicate or even contradicting information has
accumulated in the wiki and on the website, which should be cleaned
up. And simply old/historic/outdated parts.

I think both places have their value and serve a different purpose:
- The wiki is for quick edits, task lists, "scratch pads", TODO lists
  like https://wiki.debian.org/Teams/DebianPerlGroup/OpenTasks
- The website is more for static, generic, "official" information

I guess it would make sense to think a bit about what belongs where
and get a clearer understanding than at least I could claim to have
right now.

Do you already have ideas what you want to remove where or move from
one place to the other?

> Also, adding some explanation or background information and context might
> sometimes be useful.

Just ask if you think that the greybeards' stories could help to
clear up something :)

> If you don't have anything against this, I propose to make these
> modifications in the next few days.

I was about to suggest that you coordinate with alexm, and luckily he
already replied as well :)

 .''`.  https://info.comodo.priv.at -- Debian Developer https://www.debian.org
 `. `'  Member VIBE!AT & SPI Inc. -- Supporter Free Software Foundation Europe
   `-   NP: Beatles