Re: Alioth → Salsa

On Fri, Jan 26, 2018 at 10:34:40PM +0000, Damyan Ivanov wrote:
> -=| Dominic Hargreaves, 25.01.2018 21:22:00 +0000 |=-

> > There's a bit of a conflict here because there is also the "perl" group
> > on alioth which is separate from "pkg-perl". This is dedicated to
> > maintenance of the interpreter, and should probably stay separate.
> > But as long as this is coordinated I don't see a big problem.
>
> Would there be any problem if we use the same team name?
>
> This can fit in the sub-projects gregor writes about, perhaps with
> renaming 'packages' to 'modules'.

Would the permissions be team-wide or can they be subproject specific?
IOW would all the people that are granted commit access to 'modules'
automatically get commit access to the interpreter side too?

(Not sure if that would be a problem, just trying to get a feel of
the tradeoffs.)

> Here's another alternative: libperl-team (to match the package naming
> scheme).

Well, libperl (= libperl.so.5.xx) is in src:perl territory IMO :)
--
Niko