Re: Offline mode for cme (Was: I guess its not cme but Debian infrastructure (Was: cme cannot connect to api.ftp-master.debian.org))

On Saturday, 27 October 2018 10:51:30 CET Andreas Tille wrote:
> What about if cme would only issue a warning that it
> can not get the information it needs from remote and finish all tasks it
> can do when beeing offline?

After reading my code (I tend to forget the details), it turns out that cme is
written to emit a warning when madison is down, use data from the cache. If
all fail, cme will warn about unknown package.

The fact that cme crashes when no info can be retrieved from madison or the
cache is a plain bug...

All the best