Re: Generally fixing wrong-path-for-interpreter

On Fri, Oct 19, 2018 at 12:15:10PM +0200, Alex Mestiashvili wrote:

> > FWIW, and as yet another data point: policy 10.4 is stricter on perl than on
> > python (see lintian checks/scripts.desc).  Checking the policy as well as
> > lintian, it seems using #!/usr/bin/env python is OK.
> >
> > I seems debian-devel is a better venue for this discussion...
>
> It has been discussed already:

Ahhh, I missed all this. :-(

> I think it's fine to ignore the warning for now.

The point is that lintian issues an *error* and I'm not sure whether
this specific one is causing an auto-reject.

Thanks to Gregor for the pointer to #904409.  I wonder whether something
might happen soon.  The last remark[1] was asking for "implement this
ASAP" but no further news here.  Hmmm...

Kind regards

      Andreas.

[1] https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=904409#21

--