Re: Yath/Test2::Harness in Debian

On Tue, 04 Sep 2018 09:55:31 -0700, Felix Lechner wrote:

> Hi Gregor,

Hi Felix,

> I am working on Lintian's test suite. Based on conversations on #perl-help,
> I would like to look into App::Yath (and Test2::Harness). Do you have plans
> to package those tools? Thank you!

For contacting the Debian Perl Group, please use our mailing list
instead of individual members' addresses. (CC'd)

I'm not aware of any plans for packaging App::Yath and or
Test2::Harness; maybe someone else does?

(For the records: the App::Yath module appears to be in the
Test2-Harness distribution:
https://metacpan.org/release/Test2-Harness , so we're only talking
about one new package.)

In case you'd like us to package Test2-Harness, please take a look at
https://perl-team.pages.debian.net/howto/RFP.html ; unless someone
volunteers right now :)

In case you'd like to package it yourself within the Debian Perl
Group, please start at https://wiki.debian.org/Teams/DebianPerlGroup/Welcome

Final thought: have you talked with the lintian maintainers about
your plans? I'm not sure that they are happy about new build
dependencies, especially from a point of view of backporting lintian.

 .''`.  https://info.comodo.priv.at -- Debian Developer https://www.debian.org
 `. `'  Member VIBE!AT & SPI Inc. -- Supporter Free Software Foundation Europe
   `-   NP: Carlos Embale: Quinto Llamando