Re: Parsers generated from grammars: allowed, or have to be rebuilt?

Dear Gregor,

On 07/17/2018 02:40 PM, gregor herrmann wrote:
> [Please use debian-perl@lists.debian.org for discussions (cc'd now),
> pkg-perl-maintainers@lists.alioth.debian.org is for the maintainer
> address and bug reports.]

Thanks for directing the right way.

> My understanding of policy, in my own words, is that
> - generated stuff must be possible to regenerate with software in
>   debian main
> - and should be regenerated during package build

Exactly. And this has a bunch of other advantages, for example, bugs might get fixed in the generating software, etc.

> Please go ahead with bug reports and patches/commits for the affected
> packages :)

Thanks, I will proceed. However, regeneration with Parse::Yapp will introduce reproducibility problems due to its non-deterministic output [1].

Best,
Andrius

[1] https://rt.cpan.org/Public/Bug/Display.html?id=122977

--
Andrius Merkys
Vilnius University Institute of Biotechnology, Saulėtekio al. 7, room V325