Re: libredis-fast-perl, libgit-raw-perl, libgit-objectstore-perl

On Tue, 15 May 2018 18:55:00 +0200, Marc Haber wrote:

> Hi,

Hi Marc,

> to package the new version of torrus, I needed three more perl
> dependencies:
>
> - libredis-fast-perl
> - libgit-raw-perl
> - libgit-objectstore-perl
>
> All those resulted in working packages straight out of dh-make-perl,
> with libredis-fast-perl having a nested example directory and an
> embedded zlib in libgit-raw-perl. Unfortunately, I do not currently have
> the resources to put proper love to those packages.
>
> For those three packages, the following work is needed to get them
> into the archive:
>
> 0) file ITP
> 1) create git repositories
> 2) put the current state of affairs into the repos
> 3) fix lintian issues
> 4) take a closer look at the licenses
> 5) upload

Thanks for your mail and the clear description.

> I think that I can do steps (1) and (2) if I get re-added to the Debian
> perl group. afaik, my access rights didn't survive the last yearly ping.

I'm happy to re-add you to the group if you like; for (2) using
`dpt salsa pushrepo' (or `dpt salsa createrepo repositoryname' before
pushing or `dpt salsa configurerepo repositoryname' afterwards) would
be helpful to get the repos set up the same way (with webhooks and
stuff) like all others.

> Even if I manage to fix the lintian issues and upload, it is unlikely
> that I'd be able to continue maintaining the packages timely in the
> future.

That shouldn't be a problem.

> Do you want me to do that? How far do you want me to go with the
> packages?

I think that depends on you and your resources. We can start with 0)
(or "-1) run dh-make-perl again") or build on your work later. Just one
thought: If you currently don't have time for more than 0-2 than one
of us can start from scratch as well as they are basically three
commands (when all is configured well) and you don't have to find out
the pkg-perl salsa specifics.

tl;dr: As you like, we're open for all options :)

 .''`.  https://info.comodo.priv.at -- Debian Developer https://www.debian.org
 `. `'  Member VIBE!AT & SPI Inc. -- Supporter Free Software Foundation Europe
   `-