input into perl 6 packaging required

hi folks,

we are currently thinking about different ways to package perl 6
modules, and would love to get your ideas an input! the basic problem is
that perl 6 pre-compiled modules on load, and we have two ways to deal
with this: ship the precompiled modules, making each package depend on a
fairly specific runtime version, or pre-compile on module install and
runtime upgrade. Details at https://wiki.debian.org/Perl6PreCompProposal

Any input would be greatly appreciated, but I also have specific
questions around your experiences with the perl 5 -xs- modules:

- are the tight relationships between the packages and the runtime and
  the resulting need for transitions a problem?
- how does this scale? would it still work if all modules were involved,
  not just the -xs- ones?
- you need to do such a transition for each major runtime upgrade, how
  would you feel if you had to do this more often? Would it be feasible
  to do it every month?
- the +b1 +b2 version of the modules, are they automatically created?
  How?

thanks  robert

--
Robert Lemmen                               http://www.semistable.com