Re: Membership Ping 2017: Results

Dominique Dumont:

> The search argument of remove-uploader script is a Perl regexp,
> so you can do
>  cme run remove-uploader -arg 'search=john.doe@foo.com|mia@debian.org|...'

Nice! I knew it was a Perl regexp since I tried using "(?i)"
prefix for some examples, but didn't think about putting all
uploaders in the regexp.

This could make all the changes in one shot without having
to loop for each uploader and would end up with one single
commit.

However, I don't like the fact that then the entry in d/changelog
would be quite ugly (there's 23 addresses to be removed), i.e.

  [ Alex Muntada ]
  * remove john.doe@foo.com|mia@debian.org|... from Uploaders

> Alternatively, I could add an option so that cme run skips the
> commit part.

That would be nice, or at least have a way to set a different
commit message. However, if people don't have a problem with
having that ugly entry in d/changelog, I can live with that ;)

Thanks!
Alex