Re: License-Grant field in debian/control

Quoting Alex Muntada (2017-09-20 23:10:02)
> Today I was running «mr up» in ~/src/pkg-perl and found an error
> that I've seen in other occasions too:
>
>     [...obtaining upstream URL running "dpt upstream-repo"...]
>
>     Invalid field given (License_Grant) at /usr/share/perl5/Debian/Copyright.pm line 131.
>
> There are 140 packages that have a License-Grant field in the
> debian/copyright file and it doesn't seem to be a known field
> according to copyright format 1.0. Am I missing something?

Perhaps you are missing this sentence from section 4 of
<https://www.debian.org/doc/packaging-manuals/copyright-format/1.0/>:

> Extra fields can be added to any paragraph.

That sentence reflect a design choice of the format to leave room for
expansion.  A parser of the machine-readable format that chokes on
undefined fields is a broken parser.

 - Jonas